Step 1) Use the correct COSHH approved cleaning products including,
cleaning chemicals, cleaning tools, dispenser refills,
personal protection and safety signs.
Step 2) Initial Inspection
- Place safety signs to prevent visitor entry
- Wear the correct protective clothing including gloves and
Step 3) Clean toilets and urinals
- Pour a generous amount of cleaning solution into the toilet bowl
and allow to soak for approx 10 minutes.
- Using a toilet mop swab inside the toilet bowl thoroughly and
- Using a damp microfiber cloth soaked in cleaning solution wipe
the exterior including seats and handles.
- Repeat the above for urinals
Step 4) Sweep floors and remove litter
- Remove bin liner and sanitize the bin
- Replace bin liner
- Remove bin liners and replace for feminine care receptacles.
These are to be placed in a separate offensive waste stream.
Step 5) Clean cubicles, sinks, mirrors and surfaces
- Work from top to bottom
- Use glass cleaning solution for mirrors
Step 6) Refill dispensers
- Refill toilet paper
- Refill hand soap dispensers
- Check metered air fresheners if necessary replace cartridges
Step 7) Mop floor
- Prepare buckets with water and cleaning solution
- Rinse the mop in between different areas
Step 8) Final Inspection
- Check everything is in working condition
- Restroom should be free from litter and odor
- Remove safety sign